Friday, January 23, 2009

At Fort Dix


The 211th MPAD has been here at Fort Dix since January 6th, which is another leg of our tour of duty. It has been bitterly cold up here, and getting up and outside before day has been tough, but now I've finally caught up with the rest of the unit, which trained together here in October. Nobody has gone stir crazy yet, but most of us are ready for a change of location, even if it is overseas. I've been out on the range, firing my weapon more than I ever have before, probably. I've got huge bags full of equipment and the extreme weather gear, which almost takes up a whole duffel bag. But we have also had some good times in this Winter wonderland. I celebrated my birthday here. We had birthday cake and, appropriately enough, watched the Bill Murray and John Candy comedy "Stripes" in the day room. A good time was had by all. Our last big hurrah here was watching Super Bowl 43 on the big screen in the Fort Dix gym.

No comments: